The Story

"'In headaches and in worry
Vaguely life leaks away,
And Time will have his fancy,
To-morrow or to-day."

-W.H. Auden, As I Walked Out One Evening

This is a blog for poet, Senia Hardwick. I have some listings for upcoming readings, and events where you can hear my work, as well as places I can be read. I also have some sample poems and analysis and reviews of other writers.

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Upcoming Publication: Collective Fallout



This morning I was just informed that my flash fiction/short story, Bodhisattva, is going to be featured in an upcoming issue of Collective Fallout, a queer speculative fiction magazine. I am double checking what issue number it will be in (January or July), but I suspect it is the July one (I'll post once I know).

Bodhisattva is a short story about death, second chances, and the crazy things people do when they are in love. It is an exploration of the most extreme versions of our own being. There are also lesbian bank robbers. If this doesn't make you want to read it I don't know what will.

Thanks to everyone who encouraged and supported me, especially Pat Smith of Not In The News Today, who helped me get the submission ball rolling.

No comments:

Post a Comment