The Story

"'In headaches and in worry
Vaguely life leaks away,
And Time will have his fancy,
To-morrow or to-day."

-W.H. Auden, As I Walked Out One Evening

This is a blog for poet, Senia Hardwick. I have some listings for upcoming readings, and events where you can hear my work, as well as places I can be read. I also have some sample poems and analysis and reviews of other writers.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Sample from Queerness is... (A New Poem)

I'm tking some ourses write now and here's a sample of what I've been working on.

Selected Stanza's from Queerness is...

It is both absolute and subjective,
Full of laughter,
Not just of sight and sound, but of mind as well.
It is wishing you knew Rod Serling.
It is wishing Rod Serling was a woman.
It is wishing you knew Rod Serling as a woman. Biblically.

A rainbow shade of grey,
It is an opaque prism.

It is the space between to faces,
A woman both old and young.
It is the air around a vase.

No comments:

Post a Comment